Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Pick of the Month

The pick of the month on the AGS Games page is another thing that I look after. Sometimes I have run a bit late in putting it up, but I'm pleased to be able to say that since I've been doing it, there's been a new game up every month.

At this time of year, it's usually quite easy to choose games, as those that have just missed out on AGS Awards or nominations are good candidates. Once I've worked my way through those, I have to look at the new games that have been coming out and go over old games to see if any interesting or deserving candidates have been missed. Now, with so many games, and me being a lazy, errrr I mean busy guy I can't play them all, so I look at the comments in the games page, at the feedback in the Completed Games Announcements forum and have a quick go at the game myself.

Now, this wouldn't do for a proper review, especially at AdventureGamers, where I contribute the occasional article and which has high journalistic standards. But Pick of the Month is aiming for games which are quirky, or have been missed, or which have something good about them, even if they are lacking in other areas. So sometimes a game which is not "good" in the classic sense, like Richard Longhurst and the Box that ate time or Emerald Eyes is chosen as they have something special about them, still. On the other hand, Pleurgburgh, Nelly Cootalot, and Murder in a Wheel have been chosen and their greatness is acknowledged by the awards they have received.

So, which game will be chosen next month? You'll just have to wait and see (or, in other words, do you really think I know yet?)...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments clean: foul language means your comment will not get published. Sorry for the captcha, was getting to much spam.