Monday, June 28, 2010

Game Review: Polly want a Crack-er?

Last night I spent some time playing this game by R. Michalski, famous for Downfall. Having actually the chance of talking a lot with him, he told me that he released this game, and I actually will be honest, I didn't bother to play it.

The story starts with Lucas Zerko (you) losing your dad and parrot by a cult. You don't really care about your dad being dead, but more about your parrot being kidnapped, so your quest starts to find your friend Grim, and have him help you out. The whole town is one hell of a bizarre characters, all of them greatin my honest opinion.

The graphics have a charm and the animations mostly get by. The music and ambient sounds work rather well for me, and I loved the usage of some songs. The enjoyable factor is great especially if you're into Nirvana, Fool's Garden, Raemonn, Coldplay. The writing and dialogues will definitely appear to be rather crazy and random, but damn, the innuendos I could catch made me laugh badly.

The randomness and crazyness is where this game actually excels, and the very reason why I suggest it. It's also the only horror comedy you'll ever see from the author. It's not the best game around, but so far its number 1 in my list of AGS games for 2010. It lasted 1-2 hours top, but its very enjoyable, and the puzzles have a certain logic (even in crazy ways).

So yes, stop crying that you can make better games, and Go play it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep comments clean: foul language means your comment will not get published. Sorry for the captcha, was getting to much spam.