Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Them great mornings

I woke up at 7 today. I think it was 7, I didn't check thoroughly, after lots of image browsing and news reading -  and admittedly some facebook lurking, I paid attention to the clock. Not sure if it's relevant to the laptop screen, but somehow I keep ignoring stuff on the corners. It's either the screen, or the operating system, or me. Before I get myself tested I will throw accussations elsewhere and find great comfort in doing so.

Where am I going with this? Oh, yes, great mornings. So, at some point, I'm reading about this wonderful agser moving to New York, so I think of a feel-good song related to the city, and suddenly, after three hours, I'm a bit lost in the 80s.

The cult hype behind Akira, made sure I loved it before I even saw the movie.
However the feeling remains. The lingering sensation that during those mornings, nothing can bring you down - practically everything feels lovable as if it was brand new. Like being introduced to your favorite things/people all over again. And that's an experience like no other. Perhaps the best description would be that it feels like you are reading a guide to your interests written by you. Yeah, that's it.

So have a wonderful morning.

3 comments:

  1. There is no better place to get lost than the 80s!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKFjD28qPwQ

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had mornings like that. It's nice when they come along, especially since I seem to have fewer of them as an adult.

    ReplyDelete

Please keep comments clean: foul language means your comment will not get published. Sorry for the captcha, was getting to much spam.